Barrie Reeves worked for the Clayton family from 1958 to 1966 and is forever grateful for the retail business education he received from the Claytons.
Barrie married Dick and Ann Fitchett's middle daughter Marion in 1965. Later that year, Dick asked Barrie to "Come and polish up the handle on the big brass door" and learn the building supply business.
Barrie and Marion then joined the business in 1966 and purchased the business in 1971. Gibsons Building Supplies moved to the current location in 1972 from lower Gibsons. The Sechelt location was purchased in 1984. Gibsons Building Supplies has grown from 5 employees to over 65 proudly serving the needs of the Sunshine Coast.
Barrie and Marion are delighted that daughter Julie Reeves is taking over the reins of Gibsons Building Supplies.